About Dubai Healthcare City, Dubai
One of the unique specialities of Dubai is that there is a mission and vision behind every locality and project one finds in this Emirate. From the glitzy towers of Palm Jumeirah to the bustling paths of the eclectic Global Village, this is true for all. The idea of Dubai Healthcare City was conceived with the vision of promoting world-class medical research and studies. Hence, as one might expect, it is home to some of the top hospitals and clinics in the UAE.
You need not be a healthcare professional or medical student to reap the benefits of being a resident of Dubai Healthcare City. The quaint ambience of this locale, coupled with its dizzying array of retail and dining options, makes for an exciting visit for tourists.
Key Highlights of Dubai Healthcare City
An amazing locality for healthcare professionals and medical students.
Home to over 168 clinics, 36 recreational centres, and five hospitals
Home to more than 4000 healthcare professionals
Easy availability of furnished and unfurnished office spaces, with all amenities and parking space
One can also find affordable residential spaces in the area
This is predominantly a commercial locality. Residential spaces might still be limited in number.
Properties in Healthcare City, Dubai
If you are on the lookout for a residential space in the locality, you can breathe a sigh of relief! The residential properties in this locality are generally affordable and equipped with modern amenities. This includes around-the-clock security, swimming pools, gyms, and children's play areas.
The locality also boasts opulent office spaces with high-tech amenities. Currently, the area houses fifteen highly modern buildings for offices. One can choose between either buying or renting out the properties in Dubai Healthcare City.
Off-Plan Trends in Dubai Healthcare City
In recent times, Healthcare City has emerged as the hub of medical innovations. Several major property developers have identified this, fueling residential property developments in the area. Since this locality is home to thousands of medical professionals, there is a steady demand for good residential spaces.
Farhad Azizi Residence by Azizi Developments will be home to over six hundred opulent residential apartments. This includes studio, one-bedroom, and two-bedroom apartments. In addition, Aliyah Residence by Azizi Developments is one of the two projects undertaken by the developer in this area. The building is expected to house more than three hundred high-end luxury apartments.
Rental Trends in Healthcare City, Dubai
Both residential and commercial spaces are highly in demand for rent in the locality. If you are looking for affordable residential options, you can rent a studio or 1-4 bedroom apartments. However, you can also choose from the luxuriant 3-4 bedroom penthouses in Healthcare City.
If you are looking to rent commercial properties, you can choose between office and retail spaces. Commercial spaces in this locale are expensive. However, they promise a higher ROI, owing to the area's commercial significance.
Sale Trends in Healthcare City, Dubai
Healthcare City could be a lucrative location for real estate investment, given its growth potential. Compared to properties in nearby locations such as Bur Dubai, the price of properties in Healthcare City is higher. This can be attributed to the modern ambience and accessibility to high-end facilities.
The properties generally give the investor a decent ROI and might even increase if new developmental projects are started in the area. Hence, if you are looking for a modern locale and a peaceful community, you can choose to invest in a property in Dubai Healthcare City.
Both metros and buses are easily accessible to the residents of Healthcare city. The buses passing this route are RTA 27, 53, 8, C1, C3, and X13. The Dubai Healthcare City metro falls in the green line.
Here are the major metro and bus stations in Healthcare City, Dubai:
|Bus / Metro||Route|
|RTA C1||Satwa Bus Station to Airport Terminal 3|
|RTA C3||Al Karama Bus Station to Abu Hail Metro Bus Stop|
|RTA X13||Al Satwa to Lulu Village|
|Green Line||Dubai Healthcare City to Creek and Etisalat|
|Dubai Healthcare City to Centrepoint|
|Dubai Healthcare City to Expo 2020 and UAE Exchange|
|Blue/ Red Line||Dubai Healthcare City to Al Sufouh (Change Metro at Sobha Realty)|
|Dubai Internet City to Jumeirah Beach Residence (Change metro at DMCC)|
Nurseries / Educational Institutions
Places of Worship
Parents can choose from a wide array of educational institutions in and around Dubai Healthcare City.
- Banana Moon Nursery in Oud Metha is a good and easily accessible choice for pre-schoolers.
- Dubai Gem Private school in the Oud Metha area is an excellent choice, given its long history.
- DESS – Dubai English Speaking School is another great option for children.
There are several great options to choose from for a quick grocery run.
- Swiss Mart is located inside Healthcare City and is ideal for necessary purchases.
- SAKB Supermarket is a quaint establishment for all your grocery needs.
- Al Anam Supermarket, located near GEMS school, is also a great choice.
Needless to say, one wouldn’t find a dearth of healthcare facilities in this area. The most famous clinics and hospitals in Dubai Healthcare city include the following:
- The Medicilinic City Hospital offers best-in-class facilities for its patients.
- Emirates Speciality Hospitals is a highly renowned healthcare facility regarded as one of the best in the UAE.
- Dr Sulaiman Al Habib Emergency Medicine offers 24/7 services.
One can find mosques, gurudwaras, churches, and Hindu temples in and around the locality.
- Masjid AL Waldean and Healthcare City Mosques are two easily accessible mosques.
- The nearby churches are The Dubai City Church and New Life Fellowship Church.
- The nearest gurdwara from the Healthcare City is located in Al Fahidi
- The nearest temple is a Shiva & Krishna temple located in Al Fahidi
Best Hotels in Dubai Healthcare City
Being a prime location, one can find many high-end hotels near Dubai Healthcare City.
- Novotel is a 4-star hotel located in Healthcare City with a pool, spa, free parking, and WiFi.
- Mövenpick Hotel & Apartments is a 5-star hotel located in Oud Metha and is only a 2-minute ride from Healthcare City.
- Hyatt Regency in Dubai Healthcare City is a 5-star hotel with a pool, golf, and spa.
- Rove Hotels is another affordable, 3-star hotel option for those visiting Dubai Healthcare City.
Shopping Centers in Healthcare City
Restaurants and Fine Dining in Dubai Healthcare City
Beaches Near Dubai Healthcare City
Leisure Activities Nearby
There is no shortage of retail facilities in this region, and residents can choose from several options:
- A four-minute drive by car can take you to the stunning, palatial Dubai Mall in the heart of the city.
- The Wafi city mall is less than 15 minutes by car and is an excellent choice for weekend shopping.
This locality has much to offer when it comes to fine dining, cafes, and eateries.
- Grub Shack is a chic modern eatery known for its spicy delicacies.
- Seville’s Restaurant & Bar is a more elegant option for group dining.
- For an elegant high-end dining experience, visit The Nine, located nearby in Umm Hurair.
- If you are craving Indian food, visit Al Madina for North Indian cuisine.
How can one visit Dubai and not go to one of its famed beaches? Let’s see how far Healthcare City is from the Emirate’s beaches.
- Jumeirah beach, one of the most known beaches of Dubai, is only 20 minutes away from Healthcare City by car/taxi. It is located at a distance of 9.7km from the area.
- The Mercato beach is located a bit farther away at 18km. However, it is a must-visit due to its cycle promenade and alluring food kiosks.
Don’t forget to check out these tourist attractions near Dubai Healthcare City.
- Dubai’s world-renowned Dolphinarium is only 1.5km away from Dubai Healthcare City.
- The children’s city, a futuristic science centre for children, is also 1.5 km away from Healthcare City.
- The stunning Etihad museum is 7.5 km away from Healthcare City and houses a library and eatery as well.
- If you enjoy exploring traditional UAE buildings, visit Al Fahidi, which is only a 10-minute drive from Dubai Healthcare City.
Distance and Commute Time
Let's see how well-connected Healthcare City is too important to place in Dubai.
- Distance from Airport: You might be surprised that Dubai International Airport is situated only 6.5km away from Healthcare City, less than ten minutes away by car/taxi.
- Distance from Metro: Fortunately for Healthcare City residents, they can easily access the Dubai Healthcare City metro station, which falls on the green line.
- Distance from Beach: The nearest beach is Palm Jumeirah, less than 10 km from the locality.
- Distance from Major Connecting Roads: Dubai Healthcare City is less than a few kilometres from Oud Metha road. It is less than 4km from the E66 road connecting to the main highway.
Ratings and Reviews
“If you are someone like me who is keen on discovering new and innovative places, healthcare city has a lot to offer you. The community is helpful and easy to mingle with”.
“When I first heard about Dubai Healthcare City as a tourist in Dubai, I did not think it had much to offer. However, going there and learning about its history, the vision behind it, and all that’s going on behind the scenes was quite an eye-opener. Give it a try, and you won’t be disappointed”.
“When I started working in Dubai Healthcare City, I wasn’t so sure about finding a home here. However, I found that the residential apartments were very affordable and nice. I love our little community here and would recommend this place to all.”
“Beyond the name, healthcare city has a lot more to offer. There are amazing cafes, restaurants, hotels, golf courses, and shopping outlets. So even if you come here for official work, you won’t get bored strolling around the streets.”
“Moving away from my home country was a tough choice. But here, I have found new friends like family and a place to call home. Though I still miss home, I love my home away from home just as much!”
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ's)
Is Healthcare City Freehold?
Yes, you can find several freehold properties in this region that give you full ownership. These can be residential or commercial properties.
What are the top attractions in Healthcare City, Dubai?
There are a lot of tourist attractions near Healthcare City, such as the Dolphinarium, Jumeirah Beach, Emirates Museum, and Children’s City. Inside Healthcare City, one can indulge in the delicacies offered by the wide array of cafes and restaurants in the area.
How to get to Healthcare City in Dubai by bus and metro? Which is the nearest metro station?
Dubai Healthcare City has its metro station, falling on the green line. By bus, it can be reached through RTA 27, 53, 8, C1, C3, and X13.
Which are the best communities in Healthcare City, Dubai?
Currently, there are no gated communities in Healthcare City, only residential apartment complexes. The best residential complexes in the area are Farhad Azizi Residence and Aliyah Residence.
What are the best hotels and restaurants in Healthcare City?
The best hotels and restaurants in Healthcare City are Novotel, Mövenpick Hotel & Apartments, Hyatt Regency, the Nine, and Seville’s Restaurant & Bar.
Which are the famous malls and supermarkets in Healthcare City?
The famous malls and supermarkets in Healthcare City are Dubai Mall, Wafi Coty Mall, and Al Anam Supermarket.
What are the best schools in Healthcare City, Dubai?
The best schools in Healthcare City are Dubai GEMS Private School and DESS – Dubai English Speaking School.
Which are the best hospitals and clinics in Healthcare City, Dubai?
The best hospitals and clinics in Healthcare City are Mediclinic City Hospital and Emirates Speciality Hospital.
Which are the famous places of worship in Healthcare City, Dubai?
The famous places of worship in Healthcare City are Masjid AL Waldean, Healthcare City Mosque, The Dubai City Church, New Life Fellowship Church, Gurudwara in Al Fahidi, and Shiva & Krishna temple in Al Fahidi.
What are the pros and cons of living in Healthcare City, Dubai?
The pros of living in Dubai Healthcare City include being a part of an amazing community, easy access to transport, and all amenities.