Is your car registration renewal due?
If you want to initiate the registration renewal process in Dubai without a hassle, you’re in the right place!
Let us tell you that car registration renewal Dubai becomes an easy victory with the app-based method, which makes the process far easier than earlier.
App-based Renewal: A Brief!
Car registration renewal in Dubai is possible once you download the official Dubai Drive smartphone application. The registration app was launched as a part of the initiative known as Month of Smart Pay and it will help users avoid crowds and maintain social distance. They can avoid lining up at the Customer Happiness Centres and instead complete the renewal online. Vehicle owners also received exemptions from any traffic black points for the initial period of 90 days. The Ministry of Interior clearly explained that customers will greatly benefit from this new initiative. They will not have to pay any traffic fines or get any vehicle inspections done or even risk traffic points or confiscation as well.
Steps for Online Car Registration Renewal in Dubai
Once the downloading of app is completed, you can now process with the further process of car registration renewal. Here you go:
- Go to the section named RTA Services for initiating this procedure of online registration.
- Choose My Vehicles on the app dashboard and then go to Renew Vehicles.
- You can also use the official RTA Dubai website and mobile application for the same purpose.
- Login with the help of your RTA user id and password before paying the car registration renewal fee through e-payment options.
On the Dubai Drive app, you will have to key in all vital information and thereafter, the confirmation screen will appear with the insurance and vehicle data. The service charge will vary with regard to the type of vehicle and whether it is used as a commercial or private vehicle. You will get the temporary notice for registration and this should be instantly printed out or saved on your smartphone in the form of the soft copy. You may also choose options for getting the card while awaiting the new registration number plate. You can choose options like PO Box, courier or collect the same from your nearest RTA Happiness Centre.
How Long will It Take?
It usually takes about 5 working days to finish this renewal procedure. Once you get delivery of the new number plate, you will verify whether the digits and size is authentic. In case of any discrepancies, you should instantly reach out to the RTA via online contact avenues. If these are not notified within a period of two working days, you will have to begin the procedure for renewal once again in order to get the proper number plates for your car.
Car Registration Renewal Fee
The registration renewal fee is approximately AED 380 and the validity will be a year. Added charges include AED 25 in courier fees. You will not have to pay the fees for vehicle technical inspection in the coming three months after renewal and this is around AED 170. You should have got or renewed vehicle registration beforehand along with providing the Emirates ID as well.
Dubai Car Registration Renewal Test
There is a test, which is common for both new car registrations and renewals. Vehicles those are 3 years old, will not need any renewal test. However, motorcycles and commercial vehicles require annual testing. The emission and brake testing process is a major part of the procedure along with visual inspections. The inspector will thereafter hand over all documents for generating the report after this is done.
If Pass is granted to the vehicle, then the customer will get another registration or renewal token and may go to the relevant desk for getting the new registration card. However, if the result comes as Fail, then the customer will receive this report which lists out all the faults which have to be fixed before renewing vehicle registration. Once fixed, re-testing may be done within 30 days from the inspection done earlier.
But wait, there’s more!
Dubai Car Registration Renewal Tips
To make the process of car registration renewal Dubai successful, these pointers play an important role. Have a look at them:
- Ensure that you have successfully paid off all pending fines before undertaking your registration renewal. You can pay these charges on the RTA mobile application or the website.
- You should undertake the above mentioned car test if the vehicle has crossed three years of age. You can approach any RTA or official testing centre for this purpose. Thereafter obtain the pass certificate after checking whether the vehicle is fit for road usage along with checkups of the steering, tires, braking, chassis and other components.
- The test report will remain valid for a month prior to expiry. You will have to re-test the vehicle if you cross this expiry period. The testing time is usually around 40 minutes while charges for the same hover around AED 170.
- You can also register offline by visiting the RTA office or Customer Happiness Centre. After payment of the fees, you will receive the new registration card for your vehicle along with the new sticker for registration with its expiry date. You can put this on the vehicle number plate and you will have finished the procedure.
- You can bypass plastic registration cards and swap for virtual options instead. RTA has adopted the My Vehicle initiative, where e-registration cards are given with lifetime validity instead of earlier registration cards which had expiry dates. However, you will still have to get the registration renewed annually and take your vehicle for testing to centres approved by the RTA.
- Documents for the renewal include the vehicle’s insurance certificate, previous registration card and the test certificate for the vehicle.
It’s Your Turn Now!
Let us remind you Dubai is quite strict in following road rules. So, don’t dare to drive your vehicle without an active registration document.
Hope this article helps you in getting an idea on how can car registration renewal in Dubai be rolled out. So, don’t delay, get it done today if you are due on renewing your car document.