Mohammed bin Rashid is Sheikh Rashid bin Saeed Al Maktoum’s third son; Sheikh Rashid ruled Dubai and headed the Maktoum dynasty from 1958 to 1990. Mohammed bin Rashid studied English in Cambridge, England, after completing his secondary education there. He also took military training at an Aldershot cadet school. After the independence of the UAE in 1971, H.H. Mohammed bin Rashid was named the defence minister and was responsible for creating the federal Union Defense Force.
H.H. Mohammed and his three brothers took over the management of Dubai’s affairs when their father fell sick in the early 1980s. One of his major accomplishments of this time was the establishment of the Jebel Ali Port, known as the free-trade zone, which served as the hub for hundreds of industrial businesses.
Mohammed devoted a significant portion of his reign to reviving Dubai from debt. However, high real estate costs, unrest in the region, and low oil prices created additional challenges to reducing the emirate’s outstanding debt burden. Mohammed bin Rashid is serving as the President/Ruler of the UAE.
Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum’s Net Worth
The United Arab Emirates is made up of eight Emirates and was regarded as the poorest country because there isn’t much access to gasoline or diesel. However, irrespective of the debt and all instabilities, Mohammed bin Rashid transformed UAE into the biggest shopping centre in the world. Dubai, in today’s time, can serve anyone with every kind of luxury. The major contribution to transforming the image and financial ladder of the country is tourism which was encouraged by Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum. He promoted Dubai as an ultimate vacation spot.
In the present times, Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum’s net worth is calculated to be somewhere around $15 billion.
Most of his financial worth was created by his business savvy rather than through inheritance. He made a ton of money while developing the country and promoting business owners to expand their businesses throughout Dubai. His main income came from his major step of making the UAE a popular tourist destination.
He was in charge of Dubai’s ascent. He thus made a lot of money while doing so. Along with investing in American businesses, he did so in European ones. Now, he is among the top five wealthiest people in the Middle East and one of the richest people. Despite its small size, the UAE has a significant political influence in the Middle East.
Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum’s Family
Mohammed bin Rashid is the third son of Sheikh Rashid bin Saeed Al Maktoum’, who grew up as the Prime Minister of Dubai. Mohammed bin Rashid’s first wife was Sheikha Hind bint Maktoum bin Juma Al Maktoum, the granddaughter of Juma bin Maktoum Al Maktoum. His Highness married Sheikha in the year 1979 and has 12 children. Sheikha is also known as the First Lady of Dubai and follows all the customs and traditions of the UAE with utmost devotion.
Mohammed bin Rashid again married Princess Haya bint Al Hussein, the heiress of King Hussein of Jordan and Queen Alia.
His Highness Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum has twelve children from his first marriage and two from his second marriage. Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum’s son, the heir of UAE, is from his first marriage. He has 12 daughters and 15 sons in total.
Sheikh Mohammed’s Poetry and Quotes
Sheikh Mohammed has had a passion for poetry since he was a child. He started writing Nabati poetry while he was still in school. He developed as a poet under the strong artistic influence of his late father, late Sheikh Rashid bin Saeed Al Maktoum, and late Sheikh Zayed bin Sultan Al Nahyan, the then President.
Sheikh Mohammed rarely gets the opportunity to express his creative and sensitive side through politics, but poetry has given him that opportunity. His poetry addresses a variety of topics, including current events and romance.
Additionally, Sheikh Mohammed has inspired people to write Nabati verses by encrypting puzzles in his poems. In contrast to the customary one-line riddle of Western cultures, he writes a poem that contains numerous questions and invites readers to respond.
Being a philanthropist, Sheikh Mohammed has imparted some extremely valuable lessons through his quotes, such as
“If you look at civil services as a mere job, you will be a mere employee”.
“Tolerance increases strength and resilience and helps establish a global, cohesive society”.
“They say the sky is the limit for ambition. We say: The sky is only beginning”.
Foundation and Awards
Sheikh Mohammed has founded some extremely significant centres and initiatives for the betterment of Dubai and its people. Following are some of his important foundations:
- Mohammed bin Rashid Global Centre for Awqaf and Endowment
- Mohammed bin Rashid Library
- “Mohammed bin Rashid Smart Majlis.”
- Mohammed bin Rashid Global Initiatives
- UAE Water Aid (Suqia)
- Mohammed bin Rashid School of Government
- Dubai Cares
- Mohammed bin Rashid Housing Establishment
- Sheikh Mohammed Centre for Cultural Understanding
- Noor Dubai
- Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Manuscripts Preservation Projects
- Mohammed bin Rashid Charity and Humanitarian Establishment
- Mohammed bin Rashid Establishment for SME Development
- Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Sports and Fitness Programme
- Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum Foundation
- Mohammed bin Rashid Programme for Leadership Development
When it comes to encouraging people for their efforts, Mohammed bin Rashid never takes a backfoot, and he has been doing so for many years. He believes in encouraging anyone who even takes a small initiative. Following are some of the awards introduced by Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid:
- Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum Global Aviation Award
- Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Awards for Tolerance
- Mohammed bin Rashid Global Water Award
- Arab Social Media Award
- Mohammed bin Rashid Arabic Language Award
- Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum Award for World Peace
- Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Patrons of the Art Awards
- The Nation Brand Contest
- Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum Creative Sports Award
- Arab Journalism Award
- Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Government Excellence Award
- Dubai Government Excellence Programme
- Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Young Arab Leaders Award
- Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum Business Awards
- Dubai International Holy Quran Award
- The Zayed International Prize for the Environment
- Sheikh Rashid Award for Academic Excellence
- Dubai Quality Award
- Mohammed bin Rashid Award for Arab Management
- Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum Cambridge Awards
- The Ideal Arab Mother and Family Award
- The Ibda’a Media Student Awards
- Mohammed bin Rashid Awards for Young Business Leaders
His Highness Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid’s philanthropic approach to his country makes him the best ruler of Dubai. His leadership, vision and managing skills have helped in the growth and success of Dubai.
Some Useful Articles for You :
|UAE’s National Day||Mohammed bin Rashid Library, Dubai|
|Dubai’s Most Expensive Property||Peaceful Places in Dubai|
|Best Universities in Dubai||The Museum of the Future, Dubai|
Frequently Asked Question (FAQs)
Who owns Dubai?
Mohammed bin Rashid al Maktoum is the ruler of Dubai.
What is Mohammed bin Rashid worth?
Mohammed bin Rashid’s net worth is $15 billion.
How many wives does Dubai’s king have?
His Highness Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid al Maktoum has two wives.
Who is the next heir of Dubai?
The next heir of Dubai is Sheikh Hamdan bin Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum.