No matter where you are living in the world, having a stable electricity and water supply connection is one of the basic needs for everyone. Almost all cities worldwide have many organisations that take on the electricity and water supply needs. Talking about the UAE, there is FEWA (Federal Electricity and Water Authority), the organisation that manages and caters to public needs for water and electricity supply.
It was incorporated in 1999 with the primary objective of serving the local population for its electricity and drinking water needs, particularly in the Northern Emirates. Along with managing the needs for water and electricity supply, it also ensures that there is minimal wastage of these resources to ensure sustainable development.
If you have moved to any of the regions in Northern Emirates and are struggling with how to activate the FEWA services, then you have reached the right place! In this blog, you will find all the important information associated with FEWA.
What is the Meaning of FEWA?
FEWA is the Federal Electricity and Water Authority. At present, it caters to four of the seven emirates which are Ras al Khaimah, Fujairah, Umm al Quwain and Ajman.
Documents Required for FEWA Activation
Here is the list of all the important documents that you would need for your FEWA activation.
- Your Premise ID
- Your Emirates ID copy of both sides
- Tenancy contract if you’re renting a space
- Title/ownership deed in case you’re the owner of the property
Duration for Activating FEWA Services
As you complete all the documentation work, it takes about 24 hours to activate your FEWA services. Then, another 24 hours will be required for processing the FEWA bill payment.
How Much is the FEWA Deposit?
This would completely depend upon the kind of property you will be staying in/own. Below are the rates mentioned for the same.
- For a studio, you will need to deposit 1500 Emirati Dirham
- For one bedroom or a two-bedroom apartment, you will need to deposit 2000 Emirati Dirham
- For a villa, you will require 2000 or more. However, it would be depending upon the size of the villa
How Can You Check Your FEWA Bill online?
It is very easy to check your FEWA bill online. All you need to do is
- Open the website or FEWA’s app
- If checking via the website, login to FEWA portal online
- Go to the Services tab that says ‘View & Pay Bill
- The same option is available on the FEWA app too
Following is the information that you would need to check your information:
- Your account number
- Your E-mail address
- Your mobile number
How Can You Pay Your FEWA Bill Online?
It is super easy to make FEWA bill payment online. As you view the details of your bill on the website or on the app, you have the option to provide your credit card details and make the payment right there and then.
If making your payment via credit card there are certain details you should keep in mind.
- First, the maximum amount you can pay using a credit card is AED 20,000
- Only 5 transactions are allowed in a day with your credit card
How Can You Pay Your FEWA Bill Offline?
Don’t want to pay your FEWA bill online? Are you experiencing some difficulty in making the payment online? In both cases, there is no need to worry. You can pay your FEWA bill offline through:
- Kiosk Machines
- Emirates Post
- Service Centres
- Exchange Centres
How Can You Disconnect Your FEWA Account and Services Online?
Owing to myriads of reasons, you might have to disconnect and unsubscribe your Federal Electricity and Water Authority (FEWA) connection. In this case, it is very simple to disconnect your FEWA account. Follow the steps below for your FEWA disconnection.
- Open the FEWA website and log in to your account
- Go to the ‘Services’ section
- Open ‘E-Services’
- Choose ‘Customer’
- You will find a clearance certificate tab for moving out. Apply.
- As you complete the steps, your electricity and water supply will be disconnected within a day
- And in the next three days, you will receive your Clearance Certificate online. The issuance of the certificate is free of charge.
How Can You Disconnect Your FEWA Account and Services Offline?
If you want to disconnect your FEWA account offline-
- Head to your nearest FEWA service centre.
- Show your Emirates ID to the official present over there following the staple documentation process.
- Following this, your FEWA account will be disconnected. However, going with this option will cost you AED 50.
FEWA (Federal Electricity and Water Authority) – Contact Information
If you have any kind of query related to FEWA bill enquiry or something similar, you can touch base at 800-FEWA or 800-3392. You can also get in touch with FEWA customer care via e-mail at [email protected]
FEWA’s Working Days and Hours
All the FEWA (Federal Electricity and Water Authority) centres in the UAE operate during weekdays from 7 AM to 5 PM.
If you are planning to move to the UAE and settle in the Northern Emirates area then Federal Electricity and Water Authority (FEWA) is there to help you ensure a clean and good water and electricity supply.
Some More Useful Article for You :
|Guide To Dubai Electricity and Water Authority (Dewa)||Dubai Electricity and Water Authority (Dewa)|
|Guide To the Dubai Land Department (DLD)||Dubai Land Department (DLD)|
|Ejari System in Dubai||Ejari System|
|Disconnection from DEWA||DEWA Disconnection Process`|
|What is the Dubai Now App?||Dubai Now App|
Frequently Asked Question (FAQs)
Can you pay FEWA in installments?
Yes, you can pay a FEWA amount in installments.
What are FEWA’s contact details?
You can get in touch with the FEWA customer care at 800-3392. You can also send an Email to FEWA customer care at [email protected]
Is the FEWA deposit refundable?
Yes, with your FEWA disconnection in place, you can expect the deposit amount of security to be refunded to you. To receive the deposit, you can opt for the amount to be deposited directly into your account or either you can go to the nearest Ansari Exchange for a cash refund.
How much is per kWh in FEWA?
In the UAE, the price of electricity per kWh is 0.296 Dirhams for common households and 0.366 UAE Dirhams for businesses.